| Posted by My Super Nanny

Image credit: @notsomumsy capturing gorgeous little moments!

Becoming a registered carer can make you a more appealing candidate! This is because it allows eligible families, who you provide child care for, to claim the child care benefit and thus save them some cash. 


How do you become a registered carer?

  1. Over 18, or under 18 and have relevant qualifications in child care
  2. Provide direct care to children on a regular basis; including family & friends, or work for a child care company that does not offer the CCB
  3. It is recommended in some states and enforced in others that you have a Working With Children (WWC) check.
  4. Complete the registered carer application: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/spw/customer/forms/resources/fa019-1407en.pdf
  5. Send completed application to:

The Department of Human Services
Reply Paid 7800
Canberra BC
ACT 2610


Once the application is processed, human services will be in touch to let you know the outcome.

If you are declined you have a chance to appeal.

If you are successful you will be issued a Carer Reference Number, which you should include on receipts. It is your responsibility as a carer to issue a valid and legal receipt. You can order a recipe book through human services here or include the following details:

  • your Carer Reference Number (CRN)
  • your name and address and the full name of the child you care for
  • full name of the person who paid for the child care
  • details of the care you provided for each week of care, including hours and amount paid
  • an indication that the care has been paid for
  • your signature and the date

For more details from the government site, please click here:




View Comments